Aurora AwardsCanadian Science Fiction & Fantasy Association
How the Hall of Fame works
- Any member of CSFFA can nominate to the CSFFA Hall of Fame. (Reminder: you must be logged in to the website with a paid membership to access the nomination form.)
- The person nominated must be a Canadian [a Canadian citizen or a Permanent Resident].
- The person nominated does not have to be a CSFFA member.
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents, professionals and amateurs, who have influenced or contributed to the genre will be considered.
- Eligibility for the Hall of Fame may include Canadian Writers, Publishers, Editors, Artists, Graphic Novelists, Musicians/Filkers, Actors, Convention organizers, Fans, Scientists and Astronauts are all eligible.
- -This is not a definitive list-.
How to nominate someone to the Hall of Fame:
Nominations are THE basis for the Jurors' decisions; it requires the nominators to put some thought, research and effort to convince into what they submit. (Samples of Nominations are shown below)
Kelley is known for both her fantasy novels and her Young Adult fantasy novels. Her works include urban fantasy, horror, romance and crime. She has been nominated for three Aurora awards and has won for Best YA Novel. She is best known for her Women of Otherworlds series which ran for three seasons on TV.
She has written dozens of novels as well as numerous short stories and collections of those works. Kelley currently lives in Ontario.
More details about her career can be found on Wikipedia at: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelley_Armstrong
Like A.E. van Vogt, Karl comes from a rural background. He is a multi-Aurora award winner along with a winner of numerous other nominations and awards.
Karl is one of the few hard-SF authors in Canada bringing new and inventive ideas dealing with technology and humanity. His stories are huge in scale and in popularity with Canadian and international readers.
A full bio can be found: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Schroeder http://www.kschroeder.com/
Nominations may be submitted at any time between January 1st and June 30th.
The Hall of Fame Jury:
- The CSFFA Hall of Fame is a Juried Award.
- The Jury consists of 5 members, four of whom have a 1-year term and are recruited from among Writers, Artists, Graphic Novelists, Musicians/Filkers, Active Fans, and Scientists.
- Each member of the Jury has 1 vote.
- The Chair of the Jury is appointed by the CSFFA Board of Directors and is a member of the Board. The Chair is a continuing member of the Jury and will have a term limited to five (5) years, renewable. The Chair's responsibilities include recruiting the other members of the Jury yearly, distributing the nominations among the Jury, and managing the vote as well as all the other housekeeping duties of the Hall of Fame.
- There are three new inductees to the Hall of Fame per year. One of the three must be a non-writer (i.e. Artists, Graphic Novelists, Musicians/Filkers, Actors, Convention organizers, Fans, Scientists and Astronauts). Two of the three will be from categories such as Writers, Publishers or Editors.
- In the first year all those awarded Lifetime Achievement Awards in the past were added to the Hall of Fame.