- The 2021 annual general meeting (AGM) of the Canadian Science Fiction and Fantasy Association (CSFFA) will begin at 2pm (EDT) on June 27.
- The AGM will happen via Zoom.
- Members will receive their official notice and any required documents e.g. agenda, financial report, nominees for board positions, a minimum of 21 days in advance of June 27.
- All interested members will be given a link to attend the AGM.
Members may provide the board with motions for the AGM no later than May 8.
- All motions will be reviewed by the board.
- At present the board has no special motions to present for consideration by
- Several board member positions must be filled by a vote of the membership, along with the ratification of our finances and board actions.
- Voting for AGM motions will happen online, in advance of the AGM on June 27.
- Voting for AGM motions will begin mid-June and be open to all paid CSFFA members.
CSFFA’s AGM is being de-coupled from the host convention of the Aurora Awards.
- Part of the reason is that the federal government prefers non-profits to hold their AGM within six months of their year-end.
- The primary reason is that in-person attendance at AGMs in recent years prior to 2020’s Zoom AGM had been sparsely attended. Comparatively, the 2020 AGM via Zoom was well-attended.